Go to MusicOutfitters.com. In the Search box, enter the year you graduated high school. The first item returned should be the 100 most popular songs from that year. Cut and paste them into your journal.
Bold the ones you like.
Underline your favorite.
Leave normal the songs you're "meh" about.
Put a "WHO?" after songs you've never heard.
1. End Of The Road, Boyz II Men
2. Baby Got Back, Sir Mix A-lot Hell YES I like this song. Stop laughing.
3. Jump, Kris Kross
5. Baby-Baby-Baby, TLC
6. Tears In Heaven, Eric Clapton
7. My Lovin' (You're Never Gonna Get It), En Vogue
8. Under The Bridge, Red Hot Chili Peppers
10. Just Another Day, Jon Secada
13. I'm Too Sexy, Right Said Fred
14. Black Or White, Michael Jackson
17. November Rain, Guns N' Roses ...in my defense, I was 17 years old.
18. Life Is A Highway, Tom Cochrane
20. Finally, CeCe Peniston
22. Sometimes Love Just Ain't Enough, Patty Smyth
24. Jump Around, House Of Pain The House of Pain is in effect, y'all. And now that Everlast has gone solo, there's a vacuum in the Irish rap world that needs to be filled.
25. Diamonds and Pearls, Prince and The N.P.G.
26. Don't Let The Sun Go Down On Me, George Michael and Elton John
27. Masterpiece, Atlantic Starr WHO?
29. Giving Him Something He Can Feel, En Vogue
30. Live and Learn, Joe Public
31. Come and Talk To Me, Jodeci
32. Smells Like Teen Spirit, Nirvana Yes, I really did like this song when it first came out. No, I'm not just saying that to try to be an ex-post-facto hipster.
33. Humpin' Around, Bobby Brown
34. Damn I Wish I Was Your Lover, Sophie B. Hawkins
35. Tell Me What You Want Me To Do, Teven Campbell WHO?
36. Ain't 2 Proud 2 Beg, TLC
38. Move This, Technotronic
39. Bohemian Rhapsody, Queen Some would say that Wayne's World is the last good Saturday-Night-Live-based movie ever. Based on the other movies in the field, I tend to agree with them.
40. Tennessee, Arrested Development Too bad that Arrested Development didn't take off the way other groups did, they were pretty damned good.
42. Make It Happen, Mariah Carey
43. The One, Elton John
44. Set Adrift On Memory Bliss, P.M. Dawn If you're gonna sample a Spandau Ballet riff, this is the way to do it.
45. Stay, Shakespear's Sister
47. Please Don't Go, K.W.S.
48. Breakin' My Heart (Pretty Brown Eyes), Mint Condition WHO?
49. Wishing On A Star, Cover Girls WHO?
50. She's Playing Hard To Get, Hi-Five WHO?
51. I'd Die Without You, P.M. Dawn
52. Good For Me, Amy Grant
53. All I Want, Toad The Wet Sprocket
55. I Can't Dance, Genesis Though I thought "Jesus He Knows Me" was a much better track off that album.
56. Hazard, Richard Marx
57. Mysterious Ways, U2
58. Too Funky, George Michael Pretty good video, too.
60. One, U2
63. The Way I Feel About You, Karyn White
64. Beauty and The Beast, Calms Dion and Peabo Bryson
67. People Everyday, Arrested Development
68. No Son Of Nine, Genesis
71. Friday I'm In Love, Cure
72. Everything About You, Ugly Kid Joe
73. Blowing Kisses In The Wind, Paula Abdul
74. Thought I'd Died and Gone To Heaven, Bryan Adams
75. Rhythm Is A Dancer, Snap
78. Back To The Hotel, N2Deep WHO?
79. Everything Changes, Kathy Troccoli WHO?
82. When I Look Into Your Eyes, Firehouse
83. I Wanna Love You, Jade WHO?
84. Uhh Ahh, Boyz II Men
85. Real Love, Mary J. Blige
86. Justified and Ancient, The KLF "Time is Eternal" is the better track, but this one is all right too.
88. What About Your Friends, TLC
89. Thinkin' Back, Color Me Badd
90. Would I Lie To You?, Charles and Eddie
91. That's What Love Is For, Amy Grant
92. Keep Coming Back, Richard Marx
93. Free Your Mind, En Vogue
94. Keep It Comin', Keith Sweat
96. I Will Remember You, Amy Grant
97. We Got A Love Thang, CeCe Peniston
98. Let's Get Rocked, Def Leppard
99. They Want EFX, Das EFX
And, from embossedsilver, Teen Girl Squad meets Harry Potter Mary Sues.