Step 1: Put your iTunes or equivalent on random.
Step 2: Post the first line from the first 30 songs that play, no matter how embarassing.
Step 3: Bold the songs when someone guesses correctly.
Step 4: Looking them up on Google or any other search engine is CHEATING!
1. There's a girl with a crown and a sceptre -- They Might Be Giants, "The End Of The Tour", guessed by eiviiaru
2. There was this king sitting in his garden all alone -- John Wesley Harding, "Hamlet", guessed by buzz
3. Punctured bicycle on a hillside, desolate. -- The Smiths, "This Charming Man", guessed by embossedsilver
4. I'll take back my pinata, it's wasted on you. -- They Might Be Giants, "Drink!", guessed by eiviiaru
5. "Listen, kid, there's...there's something I've been meaning to tell you."
6. Cease to resist, giving my goodbye. -- Pixies, "Wave Of Mutilation", guessed by lilyblack
7. Got me a movie, I want you to know! -- Pixies, "Debaser", guessed by lilyblack
8. This song is dedicated to all you modern-day troubadors out there. -- They Might Be Giants, "Alienation's For The Rich", guessed by eiviiaru
9. Can't you see he's the man -- let me hear you applaud!
10. "No More Mr. Nice Guy" -- They Might Be Giants, "Why Must I Be Sad?", guessed by eiviiaru
11. I'm a good guy for a gal...
12. Someone tells me something, well I'm prepared to listen...
13. They headed southward from San Francisco...
14. I know so many people who think they can do it alone...
15. Well, it seems about my whole life I've been kind of depressed...
16. There's a place you're always welcome, that's as nice as it can be...
17. Love of mine, someday you will die...
18. It's just a full day's drive away. -- They Might Be Giants, "AKA Driver", guessed by eiviiaru
19. I'm not feeding off you, I will rearrange your scales -- R.E.M., "These Days", guessed by eiviiaru
20. Scarlet boots, the kiss of death -- The Faint, "Southern Belles In London Sing", guessed by eiviiaru
21. There'll be no strings to bind your hands -- Juice Newton, "Angel Of The Morning" [unbeknownst to me at the time, this has been covered by many, so this turned out to be a bit of a gimme], guessed by eiviiaru and partial credit to lilyblack
22. They built this whole neighborhood out of wood -- They Might Be Giants, "Museum Of Idiots", guessed by eiviiaru
23. Beautiful girl, love your dress -- The Violent Femmes, "Gone Daddy Gone" [I would also have accepted Gnarls Barkley], guessed by phillyvixen and lilyblack
24. Well, I just came down from the Isle of Skye...
25. She set your goldfish free, and now she's sighing -- They Might Be Giants, "Twisting", guessed by eiviiaru
26. Jesus, I am overjoyed to meet you face to face -- "Herod's Song" from the soundtrack to Jesus Christ Superstar, guessed by jenn_girl.
27. I want to hold the hand inside you. -- Mazzy Star, "Fade Into You", guessed by lilyblack
28. Out on the Eisenhower, well I lost my speed...
29. As your body floats down Third Street -- They Might Be Giants, "Put Your Hand Inside the Puppet Head", guessed by eiviiaru
30. I was walking up Sixth Avenue...
Note that I skipped several instrumentals, for obvious reasons (three by Nobuo Uematsu, one by Wendy Carlos, one by Rossini); I also skipped songs where the title was in the first line (a surprisingly large number of them). Note also that there is at least one cover version on this list; I will accept either the original or the cover artist. Finally, if you recognize the song but you can't recall the title and/or artist, I'll give credit if you quote a few more lines from it.
That's all, except to say, go to it and good luck!