1. My journal is called _____ because _____.
2. My subtitle is _____ because _____.
3. My friends page is called _____ because _____.
4. My username is ____ because _____.
1) I call it "Travelogue From My Inner Skull" because, well, yeah. Pretty self-explanitory, isn't it? This is also the description I had for my old Diaryland site. Like any internet journal, this is a place to be solipsistic in peoples' faces.
2) The subtitle, "Laugh hard, it's a long way to the bank," is a line from TMBG's "Rhythm Section Want Ad." I like quotations that play around with cherished idioms and cultural concepts, what can I say.
3) I don't have any fancy name for my friend's page, just "Miles Coverdale's Friends."
4) My username is Miles Coverdale, after the main character in Hawthorne's The Blithedale Romance. Because of my work, I've become way big into Hawthorne, though I must say I still prefer Melville--and I prefer Poe to both of them. But hey, who doesn't?--what would you rather read about: a) some Puritan hobag that has to wear this big A (a few hundred pages); b) some peglegged nutter chasing after a whale (several hundred pages); c) this guy who kills the old man he's taking care of, but the old man's heart still keeps beating louder...and louder... (2.5 pages). And I should point out in the interest of fairness that right next to the last line in Blithedale, I wrote "WHO CARES???" in the margin.
So now you know--and knowing is half the battle!